GOOD THING IS TREATMENT WORKS!!
- Mental illness and addiction can be diagnosed and effectively treated. In some instances they are preventable.
- The sooner a mental or addictive disorder is diagnosed and treated, the better the outcome is for all involved, just as is the case with diabetes, cancer or heart disease when diagnosed early.
- Success rates for heart disease treatments range from 41-52%. The treatment success rate for schizophrenia is 60%.
- More than 80% of people with depression can be treated successfully with medications, psychotherapy or both.
- Substance abuse treatment has similar positive outcomes if people can access appropriate treatment and follow-up care.