Addiction Stats In Oklahoma
- 12% of adult Oklahomans experienced a substance abuse disorder in the past year.
- 10% of youth have a substance abuse issue
- On any given day, 600-900 Oklahomans are on a waiting list to get into residential treatment
- More than 245,000 Oklahomans above the age of 12 abuse or are dependent on alcohol or illicit drugs; and underage drinkers still account for just over 20% of all alcohol consumed in Oklahoma.
- Oklahomans in need of substance abuse treatment but not receiving it:
- 77% — Adult Oklahomans
- 80% — Oklahoma Youth
- Between 1-3% of all Oklahomans are problem or compulsive gamblers and in need of intervention.